Better Beginnings provides every two-year-old child in Western Australia a free reading pack.
Your reading pack includes:
- A rhyming picture book by a popular Australian author
- A nursery rhyme CD and booklet with lots of fun rhymes to share (the songs can also be downloaded below)
- A nursery rhyme puzzle magnet to keep on your fridge at home
- An orange library bag.
Your Community Child Health Nurse can supply you with a reading pack when you visit your local Child Health clinic with your toddler for their two-year-old health check. You can search for your closest Maternal, Child & Family Health Centre here.
Alternatively, you can go directly to your local library and ask for a Better Beginnings Sing With Me pack. Search for your nearest library using our Find a Library.
While you’re there, why not ask about Story Time sessions?
What does a public library offer families?
- Free membership
- Books and online activities
- Free programs, like Rhyme Time and Story Time
- A chance to get out of the house and visit a welcoming environment.